Founded in 1906, PMSM Architects provides planning and architectural services to healthcare, educational, performing arts, and municipal clients within California. We are dedicated to designing projects that enrich our communities.
PMSM Architects offers a diverse and collaborative environment with passionate and innovative professionals. We invest in our staff and provide opportunities for professional and personal development. PMSM is proud to reside here on California’s Central Coast and be able to provide our employees with meaningful work while living a great life. Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo are not only recognized for their beautiful landscape and amazing farm to table cuisine but have been rated to be the happiest cities to live and work here in the United States. No matter where you are on the Central Coast you are only moments away from enjoying the countless hiking/biking trails, beaches, wineries, concerts, bistros and shops. Join a team where you won’t only work hard but you’ll play hard. Join our team, community, and atmosphere!
PMSM Architects is seeking a highly motivated Architectural Project Manager to manage projects within our Healthcare Design Studio.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Collaboratively work with the Healthcare Design Studio to coordinate and manage healthcare projects throughout all project phases, pre-design through construction administration and OSHPD certification.
- Produce and comprehend architectural redlines and efficiently produce documents and revisions.
- Oversee quality control and ensure compliance with project scope and budget.
- Coordinate design consultants and oversee architectural team.
- Review deliverables prepared by project team before proceeding to next phase.
- Coordination of construction documents.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communications with clients.
- Ability to work collaboratively and clearly with staff.
- Ability to facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Draft client proposals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for healthcare design and construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture; Masters is a plus.
- Five (5) years’ experience in project management, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in healthcare project types.
- Experience with OSHPD approval is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & Revit, Acrobat, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated, positive and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to create strong client relationships.