PMSM Architects is seeking a full time and highly motivated Office Assistant to provide administrative support for our Santa Barbara office. We are looking for an individual who is adept at producing high-quality documents, communicating in both verbal and written, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. This individual must be available to work our standard office hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Serves as the primary receptionist (answering and directing incoming calls and greeting, directing, and assisting visitors).
- Provides administrative support to Associate Principal and professional team.
- Types, updates and proof reads correspondence, forms, spreadsheets and documents.
- Ability to plan and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Organizes and maintains paper and electronic files.
- Maintains general office tidiness.
- Runs errands and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- High School diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of office administrative experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – high proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar, punctuation, proofreading, spelling and telephone skills.
- A team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Detail oriented, organized, superior project management skills.