Founded in 1906, PMSM Architects is one of the oldest architectural firms in California. From its roots in Santa Barbara, the firm has grown to serve all of California and established an enviable reputation for shaping and enriching our communities. PMSM Architects provides planning and architectural services to educational, healthcare, performing arts, and municipal clients within California.
The Marketing Assistant/Creative Admin’s primary objective is to assist PMSM Architects in securing projects through creation and coordination of promotional materials and marketing tasks. The Marketing Assistant/Creative Admin will work closely with the President/Principal Architect, Associate Architect, and the Marketing Coordinator in strategizing and developing internal and external marketing materials. This position requires a broad range of skills and experience in support of key marketing objectives and goals. Experience and familiarity in design and or construction related industries is a plus.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Assist Marketing Coordinator and Professional Team with reviewing and developing all marketing content and literature (email campaigns, project pages, portfolios, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, business cards, marketing ads, etc.)
- Produce and develop proposals in response to RFPs and RFQs. Involves coordinating consultant materials, assembling project experience and team qualifications, layout, photo editing, copy writing, etc.
- Maintain PMSM’s website via WordPress
- Develop, monitor, and track corporate communication plans and strategic planning meetings
- Identify and research potential clients and upcoming RFP/RFQ
- Coordinate with architectural photographers for final project shoots
- Track architectural awards and prepare award submissions
- Maintain marketing files and project archives
Desired Skills and Experience
- Two years minimum experience in marketing, business development and/or graphic design
- Associate’s degree required (Bachelor’s degree is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Solid “eye” for graphic design with good sense of design balance and layout
- Proficient knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite programs, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop
- A team player with a high degree of self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines
- Detail oriented, organized, superior project management skills