The K-12 Market Sector Leader position will be grounded on promoting new business development and act as an effective liaison for the K-12 market. As the Market Sector Leader, you will be working under the Principal-In-Charge to strategically develop and execute PMSM’s K-12 market sector business development plan.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Maintains and fosters positive, professional relationship with clients, consultants, public agencies, contractors and industry sources to ensure successful completion of the project and attract future business.
- Develop and execute the business development plan for the K-12 Market Sector.
- Lead new business development activities in collaboration with the Principal-In-Charge and other MSLs including introductory client meetings, responses to RFPs, RFQs, SOQs, and attending project interviews.
- Participate in the company’s annual strategic planning session.
- Assign projects and tasks to dedicated market sector staff and shared staff.
- Provides monthly updates on status of new business development and outstanding fee proposals to Principal-In-Charge.
- Responsible for the development, approval and execution of project management plans for projects within market sector.
- Solicit and negotiate consultant’s services and fees.
- Responsible for development, approval and execution of project contracts.
- Responsible for the financial performance within the assigned market sector.
- Responsible for ensuring that PMSM Architects quality control standards are met on all deliverables (i.e. plans and specifications).
- Participate in performance reviews with dedicated market sector staff and selected shared staff.
- Participate in K-12 organizations, attend conferences and other industry gatherings.
- Present and or lead interoffice presentations and meetings.
Strategic | Innovative | Relationship Cultivator | Self-Driven | Team Leader | Clear & Effective Communicator
Desired Skills and Experience
- Licensed Architect
- 10+ years of experience in K-12 design and construction and leading new business development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all disciplines.
- Strategic understanding of local region, market segment and/or disciplines of focus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the value and benefit of integrated design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the importance and benefit of sustainable design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and command respect.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and motivate personnel.
- Proven managerial ability to perform the responsibilities indicated.
- Demonstrated experience in processing public education projects through DSA, CDE, OPSC, DTSC.