Live on the beautiful California central coast! If quality of life is important to you, then you’ll love San Luis Obispo, consistently ranked as one of the most desirable places to live in the nation. Come join an established firm where your voice is heard, ideas are encouraged and your work is highly regarded.
PMSM Architects provides planning and architectural services to educational, healthcare, and performing arts clients located throughout central and southern California. We design projects that enrich the community!
PMSM offers a unique collaborative environment with dynamic, passionate, creative, and intelligent people with potential for professional and personal development. As we grow our San Luis Obispo office, we are seeking a Construction Administrator/Senior Project Architect to be the lead during the construction administration phase, primarily for K-12 and Community College projects. The Construction Administrator/Senior Project Architect will work closely with the Project Manager and Construction Administration Coordinator.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Pre-construction quality control review
- Develop and compile project specifications
- Respond to bid inquiries and prepare addenda where needed
- Attend and conduct construction meetings
- Field observation
- Review and respond to RFI’s, submittals, pay requests and change orders
- Coordinate with the various design disciplines
- Project close-out efforts including punch lists and DSA
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years industry experience
- Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Specific experience in educational projects
- DSA experience
- Highly motivated, positive and proactive problem solver
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in quality control reviews
- Proficiency in consultant/engineering coordination
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative team environment