Founded in 1906, PMSM Architects provides planning and architectural services to educational, healthcare, performing arts, and municipal clients within California. We are dedicated to designing projects that enrich our communities.
PMSM Architects offers a diverse and collaborative environment with passionate and innovative professionals. We invest in our staff and provide opportunities for professional and personal development.
PMSM Architects is proud to reside here on California’s Central Coast and provide our employees with meaningful work while living a great life. San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara are not only recognized for their beautiful landscape and amazing farm to table cuisine but have been rated to be the happiest cities to live and work here in the United States. No matter where you are on the Central Coast you are only moments away from enjoying the countless hiking/biking trails, beaches, wineries, concerts, bistros and shops. Join our team, community, and atmosphere!
PMSM Architects is seeking a highly motivated Architectural Job Captain + Drafter III to oversee projects within our K-12 and Community College markets.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Coordinate and manage project design, production, and documentation at all project phases (Pre-Design through Construction Administration and DSA Certification).
- Produce and comprehend architectural redlines and efficiently produce documents and revisions.
- Oversee quality control and ensure compliance with project scope and budget.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communications with clients.
- Coordinate design consultants and oversee architectural team.
- Ability to work collaboratively and clearly with staff.
- Draft client proposals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for educational and healthcare design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture; Masters is a plus.
- Two (2+) years’ experience.
- Experience with DSA Approval and Final Certification.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & Revit, Adobe Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team Player.
- Highly motivated, positive and proactive problem solver.
- Detail oriented.